ADVENTURES IN DUBAI:
YOUR FAVOURITE NUMBER ONE BLOG
BRITISH DESIGNER LIVING IN DUBAI TELLS (NEARLY) ALL

Sunday, August 06, 2006

¡Hola, Mi Chicos!

Yow, what a week! Today is Sunday, the Day Of Rest. Or, if you're a sadgitonholiday like me, the Day Of Blogging. I've spent a couple of hours preparing some stuff in the hotel room. And yesterday I finally found an Internet Café that allows laptops to connect to El Internet. I spent most of yesterday lugging my laptop around, trying to find a Wi-Fi Zone (Zona Wi-Fi, pron. thona weefee). I finally got connected to one, but it belonged to Teléfonica. They wanted me to either enter my Teléfonica phone number, or my PIN number. Turns out this PIN number is what you get when you pre-pay for some time. Guess what: you can only buy time at a Teléfonica office. And these are very firmly closed on Saturdays and Sundays. I think they might turn out to be as good as Etisalat, but at least they are losing their monopoly to real competition.

OK, sit back, relax, new stuff coming up...