ADVENTURES IN DUBAI:
YOUR FAVOURITE NUMBER ONE BLOG
BRITISH DESIGNER LIVING IN DUBAI TELLS (NEARLY) ALL

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Popegate

Gulf News has today published a very interesting article from the UK Daily Telegraph about the Pope's recent speech and the ensuing insanity. The Pope will be making a public statement later today. I might keep you posted.

A bit later...

El Papa has said he is 'regretful' of the actions that followed his lecture and clarified that the quote in no reflected his own personal thoughts. Most gracious.

I hope it satisfies the mullahs. Apology? Forget it.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Harsha said...

int he already?
atleast thats what I heard on the radio last night.

1:29 pm  
Blogger Seabee said...

The 'apology' will only stir things up more. Surely his advisors are smarter than they appear to be?

5:30 pm  
Blogger kaya said...

He needs to ask BOYZONE to sing Baby Can I Hold You Tonight and dedicate it to us.

"I'm sorry,"
It's all that you can say
Years gone by and still
Words don't come easily
Like "sorry" (like "sorry"..like "sorry"..)
"Forgive me,"
is all that you can say
Years gone by and still
Words don't come easily
Like "forgive me" ("forgive me"..."forgive me"..)
Forgive me..


>

7:27 pm  
Blogger DesertNorm said...

Ha, great idea.
I'm sure they could even get Ronan back for that gig. Or was he in Westlife?

Anyway, they could dress like Vatican choirboys and sing it in the West Bank. That would appease anybody, and if it didn't, its a sacrifice I'm willing to make.

10:07 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A Bavarian Provocation

http://www.counterpunch.org/tariq09162006.html

2:10 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home