ADVENTURES IN DUBAI:
YOUR FAVOURITE NUMBER ONE BLOG
BRITISH DESIGNER LIVING IN DUBAI TELLS (NEARLY) ALL

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Quails

I just got back from the shops and BetterArf accused me of genocide when she saw that I had bought quails. Eh? Well they're so tiny you have to slaughter a whole flock of them to get a plateful. I did point out that they were dead already and I didn't feel at all guilty.

But now I've a wee problem. I've never had quails before, and I have no idea how to cook 'em. Answers on a postcard please.

5 Comments:

Blogger secretdubai said...

Raw.

Quail eggs taste just like hen's eggs, which is really disappointing. You expect them to taste special, but they just taste like egg. Very small, very expensive eggs.

3:20 am  
Blogger bandicoot said...

I think it's the bird and not he eggs we're talking about here. A quick check on the BBC Food site revealed several options; this is one:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/database/quailwrappedinbacono_70801.shtml

1:02 pm  
Blogger Keefieboy said...

SD: yeah I've had the eggs before - they're rubbish.

Bandicoot: I saw your comment in my Inbox and I thought 'oh no, another gazillion words about Palestine!'. But thanks for the link - I'll try that...

1:16 pm  
Blogger Duffy said...

Food Network has 92 Quail recipes. See here: http://web.foodnetwork.com/food/web/searchResults?searchString=quail&site=FOOD&searchType=Recipe

5:07 pm  
Blogger CG said...

Keefie
Just split them in half and drizzle them in olive oil, lemon juice and plenty of pepper....then stick them under the gril for a few minutes each side.


They are probably eaten by now anyway.

9:53 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home