ADVENTURES IN DUBAI:
YOUR FAVOURITE NUMBER ONE BLOG
BRITISH DESIGNER LIVING IN DUBAI TELLS (NEARLY) ALL

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Professor Longhair

About once a month my hair reaches a state of unruly messiness and I head off to the hair butcher's to get something done about it. I usually return with a head of hair that resembles a superannuated hedgehog. It takes about two weeks for this effect to wear off, then my hair is ok for a week or two, and then it gets too long again.

A few months ago, BetterArf suggested I should try leaving it to see just how long it would grow. Ponytails were mentioned in passing. Now, I know from the days of my yoof that my hair does not grow super-long - it reaches my shoulders and then basically stops. I could just about scrape enough together to create a one-inch ponytail. And I'm sorry, that would be just too silly for words.

So now I have hair to rival that of Junichiro Koizumi, the Japanese Prime Minister, and very proud of it I am too.