ADVENTURES IN DUBAI:
YOUR FAVOURITE NUMBER ONE BLOG
BRITISH DESIGNER LIVING IN DUBAI TELLS (NEARLY) ALL

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Professor Longhair

About once a month my hair reaches a state of unruly messiness and I head off to the hair butcher's to get something done about it. I usually return with a head of hair that resembles a superannuated hedgehog. It takes about two weeks for this effect to wear off, then my hair is ok for a week or two, and then it gets too long again.

A few months ago, BetterArf suggested I should try leaving it to see just how long it would grow. Ponytails were mentioned in passing. Now, I know from the days of my yoof that my hair does not grow super-long - it reaches my shoulders and then basically stops. I could just about scrape enough together to create a one-inch ponytail. And I'm sorry, that would be just too silly for words.

So now I have hair to rival that of Junichiro Koizumi, the Japanese Prime Minister, and very proud of it I am too.

11 Comments:

Blogger nzm said...

Do we have to call you Keefie-san, now?

:-)

6:39 pm  
Blogger Deepak Morris said...

I've found a very effective solution to this hair business - learnt it in Goa on vacation (shall tell the details on my blog when my sisters finally get tired of reading my posts there... adult content warning).

What I do is get the barbarian (anyone who insists on assailing me with garlic breathed political discourses while I'm essentially a prisoner is a barbarian, but hey, they're cheap!) to kinda go over my head with a miniature lawn-mower.

No worries for the next three months.

Deepak

10:10 pm  
Blogger bandicoot said...

Enjoy it while it lasts, and before it gets too wispy for tiny ponytails and miniature lawn-mowers!

10:42 pm  
Blogger Keefieboy said...

Bandicoot: no worries on that score, my old man has gorgeous flowing locks, just like me. Bit of a hole on the top, but not bald by any means.

10:49 pm  
Blogger Deepak Morris said...

I'd like to be whole on the top too.

Darn fungus... eaten away half the brain and left just the snarly parts.

Deepak

11:36 pm  
Blogger Jin said...

Two options Keefie: Have a Number 4 cut all over, then you'll only have to cut it again after a few months.........
Alternatively, find a ladies salon that is prepared to take you as a customer (ahem), altho I fink that's probnably impossible here!
Yer just bragging anyway, cos you've still got a full head of hair.......such a tart......LOL

8:50 am  
Blogger Tim Newman said...

Ponytails were mentioned in passing.

Yeah, you can be the stereotypical British expat! Grow a ponytail, dye it streaky grey, grow a huge beergut, divorce the wife and leave the kids, and spend the rest of your days sat drinking in the Alamo with a 22 year old Chinese bird on your arm.

9:21 am  
Blogger Tim Newman said...

Oh, and by the way. I have cut my own hair (No.1 all over, down to the wood) for about 10 years now.

I could've done yours for free if you'd asked.

9:22 am  
Blogger Grumpy Goat said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:27 pm  
Blogger Grumpy Goat said...

Post replaced with an almost identical one. Identical but hopefully with fewer speling mistokes

You're just boasting. My own hair - and there's plenty of it, despite my fortyishness - turns into a toilet brush long before it's even nearly long enough to capture with a rubber band.

I get nagged at for having it that long, but threats to cut it short are also regarded with disdain. Apparently I'd look like a purveyor of finest India-rubber cheques...

6:32 pm  
Blogger Harsha said...

If it helps, my dads' 47, he has a pony tail that this morning looked like a hook to me.

9:19 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home