ADVENTURES IN DUBAI:
YOUR FAVOURITE NUMBER ONE BLOG
BRITISH DESIGNER LIVING IN DUBAI TELLS (NEARLY) ALL

Friday, May 19, 2006

Advencha

Now that we have a reliable mobile air-conditioned box on wheels, we decided to go on a little adventure. In true Dubai-ite style, our destination was a shop. The new IKEA at Festival City to be precise. I just wanted to get a reading lamp, but of course you are not allowed to go to IKEA and just buy one thing, so we came back with a dozen things - all cheap and vital to our continued existence, naturally.

After that we got lost trying to navigate to the Irish Village. I have to say I was very impressed by the new airport tunnel, and Sharjah is particularly charming at this time of year.

Tomorrow I am going on another adventure - Abu Dhabi, no less. Wish me luck.