ADVENTURES IN DUBAI:
YOUR FAVOURITE NUMBER ONE BLOG
BRITISH DESIGNER LIVING IN DUBAI TELLS (NEARLY) ALL

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Beemer/Bimmer/Bummer Update Again

So the poor old wreck has been in the hospital for the last four days, suffering from possibly terminal electrical failure. As in, the electric windows and door-locking don't work, and neither does the air conditioning. And I'd asked them to give it a once-over for anything that might cause it to fail its upcoming registration test.

So they hummed and haahed and haahed and hummed and finally gave me an approximate price to fix everything. It wasn't that far off what I'd paid for the thing in the first place. They also said it still might not pass the test, and basically their advice was to euthanise the patient.

I took a cab to the intensive care department, paid them for their fiddling about up until now, and drove the patient away. Several sweaty kilometers later, I picked up a Gulf News and perused the Classifieds section for replacements over lunch. Then I drove home, and just for a laugh I switched on the A/C. Lo and behold, it bloody works!

So I guess the plan now is to see if I can get it registered for the coming year, and if I can then I'll try to sell it.

Oh, and I've arranged to meet a guy tomorrow morning - he's leaving on a flight home tomorrow night and is pretty desperate to sell his Jeep Cherokee! Tomorrow is going to be an interesting day, methinks.