ADVENTURES IN DUBAI:
YOUR FAVOURITE NUMBER ONE BLOG
BRITISH DESIGNER LIVING IN DUBAI TELLS (NEARLY) ALL

Friday, October 21, 2005

The Birthday

BetterArf excelled herself by taking me to Bicé at the Hilton Jumeirah yesterday evening. There was just the two of us, no surprises and no strippergram. But the food was brilliant, the service was excellent, the décor was splendid and there was a lovely little birthday cake with my name squirted onto the plate in chocolate. I wanted to keep the plate but they wouldn't let me.

By the way. Do not confuse the venue of our meal with the Jumeirah Hilton. First of all the Hilton Jumeirah is on the hotel strip that is currently blighted by the construction of Jumeirah Beach Resort. Neither of these things are actually in Jumeirah. Jumeirah Hilton is the colloquial name for Dubai's Central Jail, which really is in Jumeirah, but the food I believe is not up to Hilton standards.