ADVENTURES IN DUBAI:
YOUR FAVOURITE NUMBER ONE BLOG
BRITISH DESIGNER LIVING IN DUBAI TELLS (NEARLY) ALL

Monday, October 17, 2005

Nearly Going to Dubai

Forward Looking in KSAForward Looking in KSA
As the arrival of my family grew closer, Bongo called me into his arctic office and gave me a flyer about Index, the big interior design exhibition in Dubai. He said ‘you should go to this’. I looked at it and realised that the dates were slap bang in the middle of my family’s visit.

I’d heard a bit about this Dubai place, about how it was so relaxed and you could get beer and you hardly felt like you were in the Middle East at all. Sounded like my kinda place!


The timing was a bit of a problem. I had no intention of losing 2-3 days of our precious time together. They couldn’t come with me because there was no time to arrange a multi-entry visa for Saudi. We couldn’t re-arrange their visit so that it started or ended on the dates of the exhibition because of UK work and school commitments. Regretfully I had to decline the chance of a jolly in Dubai, but it gave me an another idea which was that we would spend the final week of the visit in Bahrain, and the family could return to the UK from there.

Labels: