ADVENTURES IN DUBAI:
YOUR FAVOURITE NUMBER ONE BLOG
BRITISH DESIGNER LIVING IN DUBAI TELLS (NEARLY) ALL

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Birthday Boy

To the 1/365s of the world's population who are sharing a birthday today (about sixteen and a half million of us), happy birthday!

Don't forget you're a Libran.

My Libran character traits are supposed to be something like this:
Diplomatic (not)
Intelligent (quite)
Thoughtful (mmm)
Sociable (after a few beers)
Strong sense of justice (yepp)
Likes change (dunno)
Flirty (erm...)
Visual (yepp)
Sentimental (a bit)
Optimistic (more often than not)
Indecisive (more on this later)
Charming (wife says I'm cute)
Artistic (yepp)
Harmonious (try to be)
Idealistic (yepp)
Self-indulgent (probably)
Romantic (!)
Over-generous (nope, I'm a Yorkshireman as well)
Tactful (missed that one)
Ambitious (yepp)
Creative (yepp)
Kind (I try)
Peace-loving (yepp)

I sound lovely don't I? But here's the problem. I can be indecisive because I can understand and empathise with several sides of any argument. Even making simple decisions can be a problem. BetterArf says 'shall we go to see a movie?', and I say 'yes, no, yes, maybe, dunno'. This drives her nuts! After one such bout of ambiguity, she said 'isn't there a cure for being a Libran yet?'.

Anyway, according to astrologers, my 18-year-old marriage is doomed - BetterArf is a Scorpio, and Scorpios and Librans just don't work!