ADVENTURES IN DUBAI:
YOUR FAVOURITE NUMBER ONE BLOG
BRITISH DESIGNER LIVING IN DUBAI TELLS (NEARLY) ALL

Saturday, October 22, 2005

Back to Riyadh - hic!

Funny Looks in KSAFunny Looks in KSA
All too soon the visit was over and the family had to fly back to England. My flight left a few hours after theirs and I put the time to good use by attempting to drink the entire contents of the airport bar. I absolutely did not care what happened when I got to Riyadh in a state of obvious inebriation. Actually what did happen was that the immigration guy raised an eyebrow, said ‘been drinking, sir?’, smiled and sent me on my way. He must see dozens of people like that every single day.

I was still tiddly when I turned into the office for the afternoon shift at 4pm. Everyone remarked on how relaxed I seemed. Well, alcohol is a relaxant, so physically I guess I was a bit loose. But in my head I was screaming. I had no idea how I was going to get through the next three months until Christmas.

Labels: