ADVENTURES IN DUBAI:
YOUR FAVOURITE NUMBER ONE BLOG
BRITISH DESIGNER LIVING IN DUBAI TELLS (NEARLY) ALL

Monday, May 16, 2005

Risking Death to Get a Job

Sheesh. We watched Richard Branson's reality TV show last night. It's called something like 'I Would Die For This Job'. I don't know if you've seen it, but some of the things the punters had to do were just insane.

The first challenge, apart from the taxi drive to get to The Manor, was to walk a 3 inch wide plank connecting two hot-air balloons at 10,000 feet above the ground. If you screwed up by touching the safety rope twice, you had to go back to the first balloon and then climb a rope ladder to the top of it, where you would have fictitious tea with Sir R.

It's entertaining stuff, and the prize offered is a high-powered job in the Virgin empire. I wonder how many of Branson's existing execs could or would do some of the stunts these wannabes are doing?

4 Comments:

Blogger Deepak Morris said...

Hi Keith,

Sorry not to be responding directly to your blog. I wonder if you remember me. I played the teacher when you played Bobby in The Visit (circa 1996).

I'm trying to get in touch with other DDG members from around then and I'd love to hear from you and Noelle.

My email is on my website:
http://www.freewebs.com/deepakmorris

Hope to hear from you,

Deepak

10:02 pm  
Blogger Keefieboy said...

Hi Deepak, of course we remember you! We'll be in touch shortly. Meanwhile, you've given me an idea for a blog story - I'm gonna call it 'where's Bobby?'!

6:41 am  
Blogger adnan said...

Sorry this is offtopic:

Hi there,

I wanted to let you know of a UAE Writing Competition called Emirates
Write On (http://www.emirateswriteon.com). Check it out. It's the biggest
one we have had, so if you've always been meaning to write, here's your
chance. Select Finalists will be published in book form, so this is also
your chance to get published in the UAE. Guidlines and Registration Form
are on the site.

If you want to support this effort, pass the word around and / or sign up
for our mailing list on our site so that we can keep you in the loop.
(http://www.emirateswriteon.com)

Take care,

Adnan
Emirates Write On

1:00 pm  
Blogger Deepak Morris said...

coolies!

I remember the "where's Bobby?" episode. But then, I almost surpassed that with my "Say something!" to Brian O'Nunan, smack bang in the middle of the barn scene.

*grin*

Deepak

11:06 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home