ADVENTURES IN DUBAI:
YOUR FAVOURITE NUMBER ONE BLOG
BRITISH DESIGNER LIVING IN DUBAI TELLS (NEARLY) ALL

Thursday, May 12, 2005

Dark Tower 6 - finished!

Cry your pardon, but bejasus, what a chore that was. Thanks to Duffy for letting me know that it would get going about halfway through. It did, but I still hated it. I think it's the Susannah/Odetta/Mia character that I really don't like. And the episode where Roland and Eddie turn up at Stephen King's house, well, I don't know.

Apparently the final book is wunnerful, and after having read the first six I have to read the last one. Aargh!

2 Comments:

Blogger Duffy said...

You're quite welcome. I was put off by Odetta/Detta/Mia throughout as well. King seemed to portray himself as a bit of a ponce. The last book King actually stops you before the end and warns you that you might not want to continue as you may not like the ending. IMNHO, it's worth it and it's the perfect ending.

11:48 pm  
Anonymous billy said...

But don't say anything else about it 'cos my copy of DT7 is still on the bookshelf with it's plastic wrapper on and it ain't being opened until I have read the others for the second time - half way through 5 and not at all looking forward to 6 but I'll take 7 on hols with me.

6:07 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home