ADVENTURES IN DUBAI:
YOUR FAVOURITE NUMBER ONE BLOG
BRITISH DESIGNER LIVING IN DUBAI TELLS (NEARLY) ALL

Thursday, May 12, 2005

Exercise is Bad For You

I've really been in the wars this last week. First of all the stuff with the abscess. Then a horrible problem with a totally dysfunctional newly-hired employee (now an ex-employee). I'd put him on a project that has a very tight production schedule. After four days he had produced nothing at all. In order to meet the schedule by the next milestone meeting, I had to do four days' work in one (long) day. Made it though, and the client is very happy.

And then, a couple of days ago, I'd been kind of relaxing on the balcony. Coming back into the apartment to get yet another beer, I tripped over my exercise bike which lives beside the balcony door. One of my toes was really upset by this, but I thought nothing of it until the next morning when I spotted this deep purple digit where my toe used to be. And oh man, it hurt!

So I've been limping around because of the abscess problem, and now I'm limping on the other foot because of the toe. I'm a complete wreck really.

Call me Hopalong.