ADVENTURES IN DUBAI:
YOUR FAVOURITE NUMBER ONE BLOG
BRITISH DESIGNER LIVING IN DUBAI TELLS (NEARLY) ALL

Monday, April 25, 2005

Adventure

You probably have the impression from reading some of the posts in this blog that I have something against India. Well, how could I, I've never been there. But I am going to India in about three weeks' time.

Yay. The occasion is the wedding of an ex-employee's brother-in-law. I've been invited to several Indian weddings in the past, but never gone because of pressure of work / shortage of funds etc.

This time, I'm definitely up for it. A big incentive is the launch of Air India Express at the end of this month. Finally, it will be possible to fly from Dubai to Kerala for a bit more than 1,000 dirhams. Previously you would have to pay around 1,500 - 2,000 dirhams for this privilege. Given that India is only about 3-4 hours flying time away, and that you can fly from Dubai to London (seven hours) for the same kind of money, I never felt that the Indian airlines were playing fair.

The wedding is in Cochin in Kerala, and my Interweb research so far makes it look pretty damn fabulous. BetterArf is thrilled - she does a fair bit of teaching of Kathakali, the traditional theatre form of Kerala, and reckons that if I go to Kerala for a few days I'll fall in lurve with it and insist that we spend every holiday from now until we pop our clogs in India. She might have a point.

So, gotta organise a visa but quick.

Labels: