ADVENTURES IN DUBAI:
YOUR FAVOURITE NUMBER ONE BLOG
BRITISH DESIGNER LIVING IN DUBAI TELLS (NEARLY) ALL

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Adobe Eats Macromedia

What a shocker! I had absolutely no inkling that Macromedia was up for sale. And now I'm worried because most of the work we do uses Macromedia products, especially Dreamweaver and Flash. We also use a few Adobe products (Photoshop, and very occasionally Illustrator and Premiere).

Why am I worried? Well, Adobe's offerings are somewhat more expensive than Macromedia's, and Adobe's interface design has always been lousy. Macromedia, on the other hand, have developed an extraordinarily good-looking and easy to use interface for their products.

I don't know what this takeover actually means for Macromedia - it may be that Adobe wants MM so that their products can share this common interface (yeah right). But for MM customers I think we can expect to see prices rising.

Not happy.