ADVENTURES IN DUBAI:
YOUR FAVOURITE NUMBER ONE BLOG
BRITISH DESIGNER LIVING IN DUBAI TELLS (NEARLY) ALL

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

A Joke

I've never been very good at telling jokes (although I am outstanding at off-the-cuff puns that bring tears to the recipient's eyes). I usually forget the punchline, or the story, or both, and I tend to get lost because I go wandering off down irrelevant side alleys. But I heard a joke a few days ago, and have managed to repeat it to several people who have actually laughed at the end! So, for your delight and general entertainment, here is the joke that I have remembered.

Bloke takes pet duck to Vet. Vet lays duck out on table, pronounces it deceased. Bloke is very upset. 'Are you sure?'. 'Well, I can get a second opinion', says Vet. 'OK', says Bloke. Big brown Labrador dog walks in, looks at duck, shakes head and walks out. A cat comes in, jumps on the table, looks the duck up and down and then leaves the room. Vet prints out the bill on his computer, gives it to Bloke. '$200!' exclaims Bloke. 'Why so much?' 'Well,' says Vet, 'it would have been $40 without the Lab Report and the Cat Scan'.

Boom boom.