ADVENTURES IN DUBAI:
YOUR FAVOURITE NUMBER ONE BLOG
BRITISH DESIGNER LIVING IN DUBAI TELLS (NEARLY) ALL

Friday, February 18, 2005

Appallingly Bad Movie

I was just thinking the other day that I hadn't seen or heard anything of Woody Allen for a very long time. And a few days later one of his films popped up on MBC2. I'd never heard of it. It was called 'Scenes in a Mall' or something like that, and I absolutely, utterly, completely, hated it from start to finish. Yaaaakh. In the olden days I had a bit of a soft spot for Woody and his angst-ridden New York life.

Now I find the soft spot has hardened somewhat.

This movie, first of all, began with the utterly preposterous premise that Woody Allen's character was married to a character played by Bette Midler. As if that wasn't hard enough to believe, they were living in California. And Woody had this little bulge at the back of his head, which close-up shots revealed to be a pathetic attempt at a pony tail.

Slight pause while I do bit of online research...

Well now, it seems that this was meant to be a comedy! I think it says something about the quality of the movie if someone who is seriously into laughter (c'est moi) couldn't spot the humour without being told about it by external sources.

Keefieboy Rating: AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL (that's 5A to the uninitiated). The worst film I have ever seen. Ever. Shite doesn't even begin to describe it. I feel so let down! OK, I've been protected from this movie for the 14 years since it was released, but now it haunts me. How could anybody make anything so bad! Graaaagh!