ADVENTURES IN DUBAI:
YOUR FAVOURITE NUMBER ONE BLOG
BRITISH DESIGNER LIVING IN DUBAI TELLS (NEARLY) ALL

Friday, February 04, 2005

The Aviator

We went to see The Aviator this afternoon - it's one sensational movie. I'm always concerned when films are longer than the regulation 97 minutes, because I know I'll either get bored, or go to sleep, or a combination of both. So at almost 3 hours, The Aviator was a bit risky for me. But I'm happy to report that I didn't nod off even once, and it didn't get near my boredom threshold.

So there you go Mr Scorcese, you get the Keefieboy Seal of Approval 'The Aviator is Not Boring and it Kept Me Awake'.

PS I've been aware of the name 'Howard Hughes' for quite some time, but never really known who he was or what he did. After all, all of the events in The Aviator happened before I was born. But I just thought I'd check him out on the interweb, and I found this interesting biography http://www.famoustexans.com/howardhughes.htm . Seems like there's pleny of scope for a sequel or even a trequel. I'd be surprised if this one doesn't run and run.