ADVENTURES IN DUBAI:
YOUR FAVOURITE NUMBER ONE BLOG
BRITISH DESIGNER LIVING IN DUBAI TELLS (NEARLY) ALL

Monday, January 24, 2005

Big Brother

I've been reading a few Brit Blogs this evening, and most of them have at least a passing reference to the antics on Celebrity Big Brother. I watched a few episodes of Normal Big Brother last year when I was in England, and I have to admit it was
a) Crap.
and
b) Rivetting.
I manage to keep up with most of the goings-on in the real world via the interweb, and was quite interested to see that Germaine Greer had been evicted from the Big Bruvver house and to read her subsquent comments in the Grauniad Online or sommat like that. And then I thought 'Germaine Greer, author of The Female Eunuch' (I read that book even before I knew what a eunuch was). And then I thought 'Kenny Everett, host of Nice Time, featuring Germaine Greer'. A little checking on the Interweb proved me right - GG had indeed participated in an early Kenny Everett TV series called 'Nice Time'. As I recall (I was probably only 14 at the time), the show had lots of bikini-clad young ladies on it, and for the life of me I cannot remember anything that GG did on the show - I just remember the name because it's a bit odd.

But please, can someone tell me who Bez is? It seems he's survived to the end and is therefore the winner. Hmm.