ADVENTURES IN DUBAI:
YOUR FAVOURITE NUMBER ONE BLOG
BRITISH DESIGNER LIVING IN DUBAI TELLS (NEARLY) ALL

Thursday, January 27, 2005

The Webcast Again

One great thing that has come out of this project is that it forced me to buy a 17" LCD monitor. The price of these things has dropped incredibly over the last year, and they are no longer a luxury item.

LCD monitors take up a lot less desk space, and they really don't weigh a lot. But the reason why this webcast prompted me to get one was that last time I did it, after the gig I was lifting a CRT monitor over a wall (about a metre high) and I thought I'd cracked a rib where I leant on the top of the wall. X-rays showed that I had only strained the intercostal muscle, but it hurt like buggery for several weeks.

So, a flashy, lightweight monitor, no problemmo.