ADVENTURES IN DUBAI:
YOUR FAVOURITE NUMBER ONE BLOG
BRITISH DESIGNER LIVING IN DUBAI TELLS (NEARLY) ALL

Saturday, January 08, 2005

Welcome to the Blogosphere

Evening fans. I keep reading things about bloggers and blogging (ABC News says bloggers are the 'People of the Year' - when do I get my medal?), and it seems to be a seriously growing, y'know, thing. Important, like. Y'know. All these semi-articulate, like, ppl all over the planet. Ex. Pressing themself. Yeah. Kewl.

Sorry, bit o' drivel there. I'm feeling a bit lonely as a blogger in Dubai. I don't have much company. Sure there's Amrit(Raj), but he only does about two posts a month. There used to be Dave Crane (actually the first blog I ever read on a regular basis) but he seems to have given up blogging. Probably a wise move, it was full of stuff we didn't really need to know about his alcohol consumption and trouble with his pets.

I did a search on Globe of Blogs for UAE bloggers, and it came up with 21! Mind you, Saudi Arabia only has 2, Bahrain has 5. Oman has 3. Half of the listed UAE blogs have given up. Some of them are completely incoherent. But I did find a new one that shows lots of promise. It's called Maafi Mushkilla, which is Arabic for 'No Problem'. It's a phrase you here a lot round here, as things are going wrong for whatever reason.

And I've just realised that I have a link to a thing called Blog Search Engine on my pages. Clicking on it, I see that it is nothing of the kind - it'll be getting deleted pretty darn soon.