ADVENTURES IN DUBAI:
YOUR FAVOURITE NUMBER ONE BLOG
BRITISH DESIGNER LIVING IN DUBAI TELLS (NEARLY) ALL

Friday, January 07, 2005

A Blog Story

I've just been reading up on advice from Blogger on how to make a successful blog. They make an interesting point. Keep 'em short, sharp and to the point. If you're telling a long story, do it in bits. So, I've noticed that some of my blogicles of late have been quite long. I can't change that now. But I have a longish story that I want to share, so I'm writing it in Worm, and will split it into bite-sized chunks that I will publish every two or three days if I remember.

5 Comments:

Blogger Duffy said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

The thing I like about your blog is the longer entries. They give the blog a narrative and "feel" that is unique. The shorter ones seem dashed-off and incomplete. If you're going to talk about life in the UAE to people who have never been there (like, oh I don't know, ME) we need context and such.

8:21 pm  
Blogger Keefieboy said...

Duffy, don't panic. I'm only doing it for this one story about my Corel trip. It's a long 'un - I've built it in Word and it's about 3 pages long. Splits into about 5 decent chunks.

10:40 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keith, please keep it short and simple.

It's alright for there to be an economy of words in a given blog but a poverty of thoughts or ideas is in-excusable, mate.

And remember, good things come in small packets.
What's in a Name?
Kwt city

10:41 pm  
Blogger Keefieboy said...

Dear Anon.

Not keen on anonymous postings. Do you still want a poopee, or are you somebody else?

10:50 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do not know what you are on about.
But just so you know I do not do poppy.

- Yo!Sheesha, calling it like it really is.

10:15 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home