ADVENTURES IN DUBAI:
YOUR FAVOURITE NUMBER ONE BLOG
BRITISH DESIGNER LIVING IN DUBAI TELLS (NEARLY) ALL

Saturday, December 25, 2004

Merry Christmas Everybody

HoHoHo.

As predicted, I awoke with a bit of a hangover this morning, but very happy to see that our baby has returned safe and well from EnglandLand. He says he had a great time and thought the snow was pretty cool.

So, all the presents are unwrapped (BetterArf got me the DVD of Amelie, which I am really thrilled about). Santa got us a set of speakers to go with the cheap DVD player we got a few months ago. I had a shot at wiring everything up, but needless to say it didn't work. BetterArf trotted down to the shop to get the inevitable batteries. Offspring unwired and rewired everything and got it working. He had bought us DVDs of Shrek and Shrek2, so we've watched a bit of that.

Then I made the stuffing for the turkey, stuffed it, wrapped it and slapped it in the oven. I absolutely lurve cooking the monster Christmas meal, and I always do the obligatory Brussels sprouts and roast parsnips, even though I don't like them.

And we're having a spot of weather - there's a shamal blowing. A shamal is just a bit of a strong wind, but it can get exciting as it whips up a lot of sand and dust and reduces visibility.

Anyhoo, gotta go, got things to stir and stuff to chop.

Merry Christmas!