ADVENTURES IN DUBAI:
YOUR FAVOURITE NUMBER ONE BLOG
BRITISH DESIGNER LIVING IN DUBAI TELLS (NEARLY) ALL

Sunday, December 19, 2004

Old Six-Eyes

I had a call from the opticians this morning to inform me that my new specs are ready, so I whizzed over to pick them up. They are so weird! Remember, these are progressive lenses, like bifocals but without the join. The thing that's gonna take a bit of getting used to is that as you turn your head stuff moves into and out of focus along the bottom edge of the lens. So if you are looking at the edge of a table or desk, the centre part of it seems to advance, and the ends recede. If you look from left to right along the table edge, it really looks a though the thing is bending!

Very disconcerting, but I guess I'll get used to it. Eventually.

OK, BetterArf's gone out, time to wrap some prezzies.