ADVENTURES IN DUBAI:
YOUR FAVOURITE NUMBER ONE BLOG
BRITISH DESIGNER LIVING IN DUBAI TELLS (NEARLY) ALL

Sunday, October 24, 2004

Auld Hippie

Auld, OK, 47 and a bit! Hippie, probably not. But I've been listening to what I like to think as Auld Hippie Music this afternoon. Genesis no less (Pink Floyd, Yes, Jethro Tull and ELP also fall into this category). I wouldn't normally admit this in public, but I know nobody's reading my blog so it's OK. 30-odd years ago my fave band was Genesis, the original line-up with Peter Gabriel as frontbloke. Them were t'days, as we say in Yorkshire.

So I've been listening to classique albums like Trespass and Nursey Cryme and Foxtrot. The Return of the Giant Hogweed. Watcher of the Skies. Harold The Barrel. Honestly, nobody writes songs like that any more.

The world is a poorer place. Heh heh.