ADVENTURES IN DUBAI:
YOUR FAVOURITE NUMBER ONE BLOG
BRITISH DESIGNER LIVING IN DUBAI TELLS (NEARLY) ALL

Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Burj Khalifa!

So, they finally managed to complete the Burj Dubai and get the thing open. Congratulations to Emaar and Dubai on a stunning achievement - and a truly mind-blowing fireworks display - search for it on YouTube if you haven't seen it.

Like most people, I had a WTF moment on hearing its new name for the first time (let's just say, 'Dubai' sounded pretty good, and even 'Zayed' would have had a nice ring to it). And I had a good laugh at hearing somebody has registered 'burjkhalifa.com' - how I wish I'd thought of doing that!

I won't bore you with speculation about what I think the name change actually means.

Happy New Year!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jad Aoun said...

I was seriously thrown off by the name especially since I didn't watch the festivities last night.

I completely had the WTF look on my face when I checked the papers this morning. Though I must say, Gulf News must have had an army of data entry folks working overtime last night because when I checked their website at 6am this morning, all articles and I mean all articles since November at least have Burj Dubai replaced with Burj Khalifa.

10:39 pm  
Blogger Private User said...

Hello.... I wondered if you would remove an old comment I made on your site. It is not contentious but I would prefer if it were to be removed. Can I send you the details and many thanks .....

11:21 am  
Blogger Kaya said...

Burj is a magnificent building! Very well written blogpost!

I see you have a very active blog. So much time on the computer strains the eyes.

We at Kaya Clinic offer Kaya Eye Rejuvenator. It refreshes, re-tones and revitalizes the skin around the eye and helps overcome that tired look within 30 minutes! Do try!

4:41 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home