ADVENTURES IN DUBAI:
YOUR FAVOURITE NUMBER ONE BLOG
BRITISH DESIGNER LIVING IN DUBAI TELLS (NEARLY) ALL

Friday, February 02, 2007

New Blogger


OK, today I migrated to the new version of Blogger. I hadn't planned to, but I wanted to do a post on the UAE Community Blog: that has just migrated and so I basically had to as well. It took hours for my 646 posts to move! But I've spent a happy afternoon adding labels to lots of my posts. And I learnt something new. Have you ever been to Toot and seen the sidebar (tootstream) totally inundated by old posts from one blogger? Now I know what causes that, because today is my day for Total Tootstream Dominance! Aharr.
UPDATE: actually what I thought I learned was wrong - I thought this Toot Domination only happened when you upgraded your blog. Not so. It actually happens when you add a label to a post. Hehehe.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger nzm said...

I saw that in toot when you, Sam and SD changed over and did your tags, but it didn't happen to me!

How did you apply your tags? Did you open every post to do it?

11:11 pm  
Blogger Keefieboy said...

NZM: I started off doing them one by one, but then I discovered a pretty neat feature: when you are in the blog management section, you can type something into the search box at the top. When you get the search results, check the box on the left of each title that you want to label, and then click on the label actions menu underneath the search input box: you can select a label from the list or enter a new label, and the selected posts will all get that label.
You did have your day of Total Toot Domination - maybe you were travelling or chasing foxes n squirrels or something!

11:29 pm  
Blogger nzm said...

Huh - I must have missed my DD (Domination Day)!

I did them like you in the Post Management section.

It was great to be able to tag all the relevant posts with the same tag at once!

1:25 am  
Blogger Deepak Morris said...

yoiks!

Your migration has played havoc with your RSS feed, I must say.

The post directly below this in the RSS list thingy I get shows something about food you posted in August 2005.

I wonder WHAT blogger has done to those who subscribe to my RSS feed, yahoo update thingamajiggy and something else I think I had set up but can't remember and can't check back on, since blogger changed my template to suit its new whatchamacallit.

I hope have the old template stored somewhere. The latest old template, I mean.

Deepak
PS: Heard from Len and Hilary. They're doing roaringly well. Len retires this year.
DM

9:13 pm  
Blogger Elagante said...

I couldn't take it and I simply opened a new blog with a totaly new ID

don't have time to learn though it's easier

10:56 am  
Blogger BuJ said...

so it was your fault eh? man that pissed me off.. coz i was getting excited on all these new posts you've written only to discover they were years or months old!

1:06 am  
Blogger BuJ said...

i moved to blogger2 a few days ago, but after you, and i noticed tootstream had a few of my older posts.. i even found two other problems:

1-old posts in draft mode were suddenly published.

2-when people comment with nicks, it first shows their nick, then the next day it shows em as anons.

12:35 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home