ADVENTURES IN DUBAI:
YOUR FAVOURITE NUMBER ONE BLOG
BRITISH DESIGNER LIVING IN DUBAI TELLS (NEARLY) ALL

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Peas on Earth - Goodwill To All Men

I could hardly believe my eyes when I wandered out onto the balcony this morning. My recent spate of gardening has not so far yielded any fruit (or veg), although there is a bit of parsley kicking around. The healthiest plants in the garden have been the peas: they flowered about a week ago, and this morning I noticed that the flowers have turned into pea pods! Just amazing. Lovely plump pods, possibly enough for an entire serving! Whatever: there is nothing to compare with fresh peas, and we haven't had any such thing during our sojourn in the Sandlands. We'll just wait a few days to see if we get any more, and then we'll harvest them. Yayy!

Labels: