ADVENTURES IN DUBAI:
YOUR FAVOURITE NUMBER ONE BLOG
BRITISH DESIGNER LIVING IN DUBAI TELLS (NEARLY) ALL

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Jumeirah

I had to go to the Jumeirah Jumeirah Beach Hotel this morning, so I took my shiny new camera to get some pics.


I'm quite proud of the pic below - the helipad near the top of Burj Al Arab: hand-held, 12x zoom, image stabilisation on.

There's a prototype air-conditioned bus stop outside Wild Wadi:

Apart from the ludicrous waste of energy this represents, I spotted a bit of a design flaw. Well, all of it really, it isn't the most beautiful thing ever built. No, I mean, the door. It's a sliding door, and it's not self-closing. When your bus finally arrives, you'll rush out to stop it and you will not think about closing the door behind you. Mind you, you could do what I did: grab the handle, pull the door shut, and bruise your fingers as it slams against the door-frame: there is no door stop. Ouch!

Labels: , , ,