ADVENTURES IN DUBAI:
YOUR FAVOURITE NUMBER ONE BLOG
BRITISH DESIGNER LIVING IN DUBAI TELLS (NEARLY) ALL

Monday, March 27, 2006

Etisalat, We Love You Really*

I wasted a bit of time a few days ago doing an Etisalat survey. They are investigating the demand for faster broadband speeds - 4, 6 & 8 Megabippies are talked about. They ask how much I would be prepared to pay for this. Also what kind of 'gift' would I require as an incentive to upgrade - options range from a biro to a colour laser printer.

Ridiculous, and of course they don't give you any opportunity to vent your spleen about the existing shite service, whose speed never ever gets close to what it's supposed to be. Anyway, if they follow my suggestion, I'll soon be enjoying an 8 Megabippy connection for ten dirhams a month and driving around in a brand new Land Cruiser. I deserve it don't I (I've certainly nearly bloody paid for it over the last twelve years).

On a happier note, I was compelled to visit Etisalat yesterday because the barftuds had disconned my Interweb thingy. Amazingly, there was no queue! I pointed this out to the guy at the counter and he asked me if there'd been any big accidents on SZR that was stopping the punters from coming. I told him they'd all gone to du.

*I tell lies.

Labels: ,