ADVENTURES IN DUBAI:
YOUR FAVOURITE NUMBER ONE BLOG
BRITISH DESIGNER LIVING IN DUBAI TELLS (NEARLY) ALL

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

My {insert name of toy here}'s Broken!

The Bimmer / beemer / bummer is still slightly broken because I just haven't had time to do anything about getting it fixed. The scrolling wheel on my mouse is also still busted, same reason as above.

And now my phone is on the blink! Yes, the wonderful PalmOne Treo that I bought eight months ago (so it's still under warranty, yeehah!) now lets me listen to anything that anybody says on it, but refuses to let the other person hear what I'm saying.

I know it's probably a bloke thing, but I find it really hard to throw away any bits of redundant techno-garbage, because they might come in useful or become collector's items one day. One of my old phones is an Ericsson R310s which is an allegedly waterproof model. Somebody once asked me if it was a surfboard for a hamster. Anyhoo, this phone saw a lot of action in swimming pools on Fridays, but the rubber coating could not stand up to the rigours of our climate and pretty soon it began to perish and fall off. The glue that was holding it on, though, is completely indestructible, leaving the whole thing a sticky mess.

Of course, I've kept all the old phones, but cannot find a working charger for any of them. Dang.