ADVENTURES IN DUBAI:
YOUR FAVOURITE NUMBER ONE BLOG
BRITISH DESIGNER LIVING IN DUBAI TELLS (NEARLY) ALL

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

And Now The Good News

Just to prove that this blog isn't all about whingeing, here's some good news.

The last two days I've managed to do the morning drive (dropping BetterArf off at work and then going the Media City) in forty minutes instead of the usual fifty-five.

This afternoon I had an appointment at Rashid Hospital and I drove from the Gardens to the hospital and back in under two hours. Including being seen by a very nice doctor who told me little brown blob on my arm was not going to kill me.

See, it's not all doom and gloom!

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Persona Non grata said...

Finally, a bloody post! neither 'er in doors nor I have slept for DAYS worrying about the bleedin' BIMMER.

Have a great Crimbo but don't forget to blog the details!

Cheers
Persona Non Grata

8:01 pm  
Blogger Keefieboy said...

PNG: hehehe! Just been too busy to post the last few days. Sorry to have disrupted your sleep patterns.

8:44 pm  
Blogger Dubai Sunshine said...

I've had similar experiences with traffic in the past 2 days: I have been getting to work in the morning in just about 10 minutes (between the Greens and Media City), going through the lakes. Sunday was just a nightmare: it took me 40 minutes! What happened overnight?

10:38 pm  
Blogger nzm said...

All the Poms, Kiwis and Ockers have gone home for Christmas!

The traffic's much lighter.

The above names to describe the Blighty and Antipodean natives are used with loving affection and with respect to my family's heritage in both of those regions of the globe!

10:52 pm  
Blogger Omni said...

I'm glad that thing on your arm is harmless!! :-)

6:48 am  
Blogger CG said...

i will tell u what happened.
The Arabic schools are doing exams....it means less people getting to work on time aswell since they are not doing school drop-offs.
I can finally get from one school to the other in about 5 minutes instead of 35...yeeeeha....and today is last day...........yahooooooooooooooooo

12:39 pm  
Blogger Keefieboy said...

So that's the cure for DoBuy's traffic problems...neverending school holidays, and half the residents out of the country!

2:36 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home