ADVENTURES IN DUBAI:
YOUR FAVOURITE NUMBER ONE BLOG
BRITISH DESIGNER LIVING IN DUBAI TELLS (NEARLY) ALL

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

NeoCounter

Have you noticed the new gadgets on my blog? Three or four days ago I added the NeoCounter who's online script, and the last month's visitors script. Pretty cool, methinks. I always knew I got a lot of traffic from the US, UK, India etc, but didn't really have a way to analyze it before.

So I'm surprised that I get almost as many visitors from the US as I do from the UAE, and that UAE visitors only account for a little over a quarter of all visits. Hmmm, I thought it must be at least half.

Actually the US figure is probably a red herring - I think the script's author might have assumed that .com domains are American - how many sites do you know of that end in .us?

10 Comments:

Blogger Omni said...

The script analyzes IP addresses for visitors, then compares them with the database of IP#'s that tells which country, and even city, each IP# is associated with... it's got nothing to do with what site, if any, your visitors come here from.

2:02 pm  
Blogger Keefieboy said...

Hi Omni

Thanks for that informative gem - u don't allow comments on your blog? Anyhoo, hint taken, I'll Blogroll u.

3:24 pm  
Blogger desertblog said...

Keefie, how about making your site banner at the top of the page clickable so it takes you back to your blog's home page? Makes it easier to go back and forth. Keep blogging!

4:38 pm  
Blogger secretdubai said...

Wahey, I've got me one too ;)

9:24 pm  
Blogger secretdubai said...

Oh mine's shite. How do you get the scrolling one - do you have to pay?

3:36 am  
Blogger nzm said...

well some of the US ones will probably be me at the moment - in the US on business and checking the UAE blogs!

and SD - yes, for a Neocounter like Keefieboy's - ya have to pay!

cheers

4:24 am  
Blogger Keefieboy said...

SD - nope, you don't have to pay. Go to neoworx.net, login to the members area, and go to edit settings. Oh bugger. The right hand panel used to show a bunch of options, including the scrolling option, but it's gone! Ah well.

8:43 am  
Blogger CG said...

I got one too...but how did I end up with a chatroom aswell? Things are getting out of hand. I can't cope.

10:06 am  
Blogger secretdubai said...

It's not that expensive to pay, so I would consider it, but for the fact that there is nothing to guarantee that functionality is available even if you pay.

11:02 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have really problems with Neocounter when I had to pay because the free version expired. Neocounter is really a mistery to me. Greettings.

2:30 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home