ADVENTURES IN DUBAI:
YOUR FAVOURITE NUMBER ONE BLOG
BRITISH DESIGNER LIVING IN DUBAI TELLS (NEARLY) ALL

Friday, October 07, 2005

Special - my Year in Riyadh

Funky Lobsters in KSA
The posts with the green headlines and italic text are instalments of what happened to me when I lived in Riyadh from May 2003 to May 2004. How it made me a bitter and twisted person. How I completely failed to enjoy myself for an entire year. How I still have serious misgivings about the place.

I'll be publishing a little bit every day for about the next month. This is written almost entirely from memory, although BetterArf has just found a file of letters we wrote each other during that time. Names have been changed to protect the innocent.

This is not intended to be an attack on Riyadh per se. It is simply an account of a simple bloke to make sense of a hostile place.

Labels: