ADVENTURES IN DUBAI:
YOUR FAVOURITE NUMBER ONE BLOG
BRITISH DESIGNER LIVING IN DUBAI TELLS (NEARLY) ALL

Saturday, July 02, 2005

Live 8

Today's the day - didn't it come quick!

I've kinda promised myself that I will watch the London Live 8 gig on TV. But there's a problem. In the Middle East it is being broadcast exclusively by MBC 4. MBC 4 is a free-to-air satellite channel. A few months ago we bought a satellite decoder thingy, and tried to set it up. Out of the 287 (no kidding!) channels it found for us, only BBC World is worth watching. It didn't find MBC4.

I'm having another go at finding MBC 4. It shouldn't be too hard, they're in the building next to mine at Media City, and I still get a million wrong numbers every month from Saudis trying to win something from an MBC radio channel. And we can pick up channels from all over Europe and the Middle East.

But failing that, no doubt I'll find it on one of the dodgy Italiano channels that we get. Or maybe not. In which case I shall retire to DjeliBeybi Clubb.

[Some time later]

Couldn't find it on any the 310 channels that we now have, so I went to the Club.

Wasn't on at the Club, so I'm back home and have been crawling through a hundred or so channels. Gottit! Slovenian TV-1, methinks. Annie Lennox strutting her stuff.

Prolly fall asleep on the sofa now...