ADVENTURES IN DUBAI:
YOUR FAVOURITE NUMBER ONE BLOG
BRITISH DESIGNER LIVING IN DUBAI TELLS (NEARLY) ALL

Saturday, June 18, 2005

Toilet Humour

Toilet humour is probably one of Britain's great contributions to global culture. Reading this post from The Emirates Economist (I guess he's off on his jollies) , has reminded me of a couple of things.

Last summer I was in May Contain Nuts Land, and had gone to visit my aging yuppie friends at their flat next to the Albert Dock in Liverpool. We went to a very trendy eaterie for lunch, and after we had eaten I needed to do something involving plumbing inspections. My buddies pointed the way, explained that it was unisex, and advised me to watch out for the wash basins. And it's a very good job they did - the 'wash-basins' turned out to be a long stainless steel trough. The taps and soap etc were concealed behind a wooden fascia. If I hadn't been warned about this, I would have pissed in it.