ADVENTURES IN DUBAI:
YOUR FAVOURITE NUMBER ONE BLOG
BRITISH DESIGNER LIVING IN DUBAI TELLS (NEARLY) ALL

Thursday, June 30, 2005

Exodus

Summer is definitely upon us, and with it the annual exodus of a large chunk of the population. Most foreign schools finished a week ago, and there was an immediate reduction in the amount of traffic on my morning drive in. Betterarf (a teacher) and her colleagues were obliged to work another week after the kids had left. Just tidying up, doing admin, planning next year. Stuff like that. But yesterday was their last official day, and tonight she flies off to England.

This means that I will have twelve days of glorious Summer Bachelordom, during which time I shall work myself stupid. No, really, I will!

I've had the tutorial on the deep and mysterious workings of the washing machine, the care and maintenance of the plants and the decor fish (Gardens management does not permit pets, but these fish are purely decorative). So all should be well.

And I actually bought my own ticket for Blighty today, so I'll definitely be leaving on schedule. Can't wait!