ADVENTURES IN DUBAI:
YOUR FAVOURITE NUMBER ONE BLOG
BRITISH DESIGNER LIVING IN DUBAI TELLS (NEARLY) ALL

Sunday, June 05, 2005

Towering Duck

BetterArf headed off into DubaiTownCityLandPlanet after work this afternoon. She called me to tell me this, and said she would be going to one of the second-hand bookshops - was there anything I wanted? 'Well, if by any chance you come across Dark Tower 7...' (not thinking it remotely likely - it's not even out in paperback yet).

Anyhoo, she's just got in, bearing a brand-spanking-new shrink-wrapped hardback. Oh my gawd! Really I could have waited for the paper jobbie (especially after the horrible volume 6).

I'm not someone who can delay gratification much, so now my challenge is to finish Dan Brown's 'Angels and Demons' as quickly as possible. I'm about three-quarters of the way through it. I should be able to finish it tonight if I use my patented Reading Standing Up technique. I also bought some ant powder to keep the little buggers at bay. Angels and Demons is pretty pacy, but not essential reading. If you've read the Da Vinci Code, you just need to substitute Rome for Paris and the Vatican for the Louvre and you've got the picture.