ADVENTURES IN DUBAI:
YOUR FAVOURITE NUMBER ONE BLOG
BRITISH DESIGNER LIVING IN DUBAI TELLS (NEARLY) ALL

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

April Foo(g)l(e)

Two days ago I logged into my GMail account. This innocuous page normally contains nothing of interest, but on this day it carried an announcement of a new product: Google Paper. Basically it's a service whereby you forward your emails to Google, they'll print them off for you and mail them to you.

I thought this was a bit bizarre, but I do know people who really really do not understand how email works: these things are printed off by their secretaries and arrive on their desk just the same way as any other document. I thought nothing more about it until I noticed that the login page had changed again, and it includes a link to their April Fool joke. Here it is

http://mail.google.com/mail/help/paper/index.html

Enjoy!

Labels: ,