ADVENTURES IN DUBAI:
YOUR FAVOURITE NUMBER ONE BLOG
BRITISH DESIGNER LIVING IN DUBAI TELLS (NEARLY) ALL

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

The Miracle Of Life

Regular readers of this blog will be aware that KeefieboyTM is no gardener. But BetterArf has green fingers an' thumbs an' everything. She has ideas that she might get me interested in agroculture when we get our smallholding atop a remote mountain in Arsendabeyond, EspaƱa. As a prelude to this, she got me a packet of seeds when she was in Andalucia.

Nice.

Apparently if you stick 'em in soil, by some kind of magic they will turn into basil bushes (boom boom). This seems a bit unlikely to me, but a few days ago I got me some compost, threw it in a trough, glugged some water on it and sprinkled the seeds around. There were no signs of life after a few hours. Nothing the next day. By evening, I was a bit dejected, thinking 'my babies are dead'. But yesterday evening I spotted a couple of dozen tiny green leaves. It's a miracle!

My babies!

Labels: