ADVENTURES IN DUBAI:
YOUR FAVOURITE NUMBER ONE BLOG
BRITISH DESIGNER LIVING IN DUBAI TELLS (NEARLY) ALL

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Leaving on a Jet Plane

At last, the departure day has arrived (I'm like a kid at Christmas aren't I?).

I've done all my running around, equipped myself with pounds and euros, paid a few bills so we don't return to a non-electric house, emptied the fridge and freezer, cancelled the milk and the papers and turned off the gas. (I'm lying about the milk and the papers). For mental stimulation I've bought a brick of a Steven King novel called IT, I think it's about being scared of computers.

I've packed my suitcase, which was full of cuddly toys whose whereabouts I've been wondering about for ages. It has passed the weight test. Keefieboy can lift it!

And I still have 3 hours before I can reasonably leave for the airport. I could do some more work, but having actually read my itinerararary I have a couple of days before I go to Dublin, so I can do that in our UK office.

I've got the lousiest timings for the outbound trip. It's going via Abu Dhabi. So I have 2 hours messing about at Dubai Airport, then a very short hop to Abu Dhabi, and then a 3-hour wait before actually leaving for London at about 2am. I've never actually been to Abu Dhabi Airport, but BetterArf tells me it's a bit grim. Hmm.

Anyway, dear reader, watch out for Adventures in London, Dublin, Valencia, Barcelona, England in general and Points North in particular. Coming soon to a blog near you.

Labels: