ADVENTURES IN DUBAI:
YOUR FAVOURITE NUMBER ONE BLOG
BRITISH DESIGNER LIVING IN DUBAI TELLS (NEARLY) ALL

Sunday, December 05, 2004

Christmas Tunes

About four years ago, I compiled my perfect Christmas CD. I've just dug it out for this festive season, and I'm listening to it now. Man, I have such good taste! Maybe you disagree, and I'd like to hear your suggestions, but this is what's on my original version...

Merry Xmas Everybody - Slade
Do They Know It's Christmas? (No of course not, they're Muslims or Hindus or Buddhists) - Band Aid 1
I Believe in Father Christmas - Greg Lake
A Fairytale of New York - The Pogues & Kirsty McColl
In Dulce Jubilo - Mike Oldfield
All Around My Hat - Steeleye Span
Christmas (W)rapping - The Waitresses
Ring Out, Solstice Bells - Jethro Tull
2000 Miles - The Pretenders
We Belong - Pat Benatar
When A Child is Born - Johnny Mathis
Silent Night - Sinead O'Connor
I Wish it Could be Christmas Every Day - Wizzard

OK, not much of it is particularly religious, a lot of it is pagan, and some of it just gets me in the mood. Whaddya fink?

There's a line in Fairytale of New York that my wunnerful missus once confessed to have completely misunderstood...
'I kept them with me babe' became
'a flat in Whitley Bay' and if you've ever been to Whitley Bay, you'll understand how amusing this is.

And I just love the lines from that song 'you scumbag, you maggot, you cheap lousy faggot' pure poetry, truly romantic!